Alexis and I have been trying to take advantage of this nice warm weather and go to the park ... the problem is it went from cold and raining to HOT! But we go when we can. I have started a new job where I work from 8am-1pm and Jordan watches Alexis during those hours. He tries to take her sometime in the morning, even if it's just outside in our backyard ... and I try to take her sometime in the afternoon while HE'S out working. I got my bike from my parents and we bought Jordan a bike and got a bike trailer, so it's been fun biking to the different parks nearby. Alexis is NOT like her mommy and actually ENJOYS the outdoors ... I'm what you would call "In-Doorsy" (Thanks, Jim Gaffigan). Jordan is "out-doorsy", so there's more of Jordan in Alexis then meets the eye. :o)
I just LOVE the cheesy faces this girly makes. Haha. :o)
Jordan surprised me one afternoon a few weeks ago and said, "Hey, let's all get in the car." He took us to meet up with my sister where we did the hand-off with Alexis and went to see Eclipse. We then spent the evening alone and went to Lagoon the next day! It was SO fun! Thanks, Hubbers! We even got bounce-back tickets so we could go later on for only $10 each! Yea! :o)
PS. Thanks, Brooke and Jer, for watching Alexis for us! Love you all so much! :o)
4TH AF JULY CELEBRATIONS! :o)
I think one got too close to her foot and she kinda flipped ...
... But she had a MIRACULOUS recovery! :o)
Alexis liked the smoke-bombs the most. She was VERY excited to see all the bright colors flooding out! :o)
The orange ones were her favorite. :o)
SO EXCITED! :o)
"It goes up there ... up, up in the air!" We then went and set off tons of bottle rockets. :o)
Anticipation. :o)
Playing with Daddy. Cute girl. :o)
Just lay back, relax ... :o)
This was the second trip to Lagoon ... with the $10 bounce-back tickets. SO fun! :o)
I think Jordan was really tired ... they told us there'd be a ten minute break and he just collapsed! :o)
I can't remember what this ride is called ... where you sit on the ski-lift thingies and it takes you to the opposite side of the park? Anyway - that's what we were on during the sunset. SO pretty! :o)
PS. Thanks, Tyson and Jen and Dallon, for watching Alexis this day! Love you all! :o)
"I'm looking so pretty in mommy's pretty shoes!" She LOVES trying on my shoes! Not ONE of my shoes is without scoffs and tears! Haha! :o)
I just love this picture. She's just so stinkin' cute! :o)
So I get into whatever movie we were watching ... probably one of the Barbie movies ... Haha! Anyway - I look over at Alexis and see that she has climbed up the couch and is sitting on the window-sill. Haha! Little monkey girl! :o)
Cuddling with Daddy - A favorite past-time. :o) PS. Shirt of New Summer Outfit #4 ... Alexis was VERY excited about these four new summer outfits! Haha. :o)
BOY'S CAMPING TRIP!
Jordan went with the guys that work for him (his brother, Dallon, Dallon's roommate, Brandon, Dallon's friend from New York, John) and an old mission-buddy (James Christian Jensen) up to this cabin somewhere up American Fork canyon. It's about a twenty-five to thirty minute drive and then an hour to one and a half hour hike up to this cabin by a lake. I hear it's pretty ... haven't been there yet, to Jordan's dismay. I think we'll be going up soon as a family, though ... to my dismay! ;o) Haha!
SUCH BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS! When I first looked through the camera after they got back, I thought these pictures of the flowers were, like, default sample pictures or something that for some reason hadn't been erased yet. SO pretty! :o)
Such BEAUTIFUL views ... maybe I will like going up to the cabin. :o)
The boys (from left to right): Dallon, Brandon, Jordan, James Christian Jensen and John. Ok, let me explain why I have to say James' full name each time ... So when I met Jordan, this guy was one of his roommates. One of our first dates, we went back to his apartment to watch a movie with, like, five other couples. This roommate (James) wasn't with us, but was back in his room. Every now and then, though, he'd come out to get a drink or snack or what not. Each time he came out (it was actually three different times), Jordan would call him: 1. James, 2. Christian, and 3. Jensen. I actually thought that James, Christian and Jensen were all three different roommates! Hahaha! I'm so blonde! In my defense, the lights were off to watch the movie! Haha. :o)
Jordan and Dallon during the hike back down the next day ... this is the one where they are sucking in ... I thought I'd do you all a favor and not post the one where they're pushing out! Hahaha! :o)
I love this one ... it's my background picture at work! :o) Haha.
After Jordan got back, he went to take a shower ... and this is what he looked like after his clothes were removed! Haha! Gross! Haha! :o)
Love you all! Hope you enjoyed and will enjoy the pictures (next three posts)! :o)
2 comments:
Loved reading about all the latest and greatest happenings in the Cook household! Lexi is a doll =) Glad you guys are enjoying your summer!
Um... memo to Kristen: It's September now!!! Where are the updates?!
Post a Comment